CHIEF MENTOR’S MESSAGE
Perfect TEEN Moulder! Our vision, “TO BUILD NEW GENERATION” is a commitment to be different from others. We impart knowledge. Also, we train our students to achieve wisdom using this knowledge. This has SEVEN aspects. Each letter of CAPITOL stands for one aspect. Character: Charles Read said, “Sow an act, reap a habit – Sow a habit, reap a character – Sow a character, reap the destiny”. The Knowledge base should develop impeccable character, to create each ones destiny. Awaken the spirit within: Every one has unlimited potential. This should be channelized to achieve great things. Knowledge should kindle this spark within. Purity: Nepolean - The Great, had everything in life. Glory, Power and Riches. But he once said, “I have never known six happy days in my life”. But, Helen Keller, who was dumb, deaf and blind, once wrote, “I found life so beautiful, I enjoyed every minute of it.” The difference in attitude is because of purity of thought, word and action. Knowledge should cerate this purity.
Intuition: This is sixth sense. Great things are achieved because of this. Knowledge should induce this.
Truth: The culmination of all knowledge is in discovering truth. Lord Shankara was asked, “Kim Sathyam?” He answered “Bhootha Hitham.” “The joy of living for others”, should be the culmination of education. Knowledge should lead to this.
Outlook:“The art of being wise knows what to overlook”. This is possible by developing an ability to distinguish between what can be changed and what cannot be. This ability decides whether one exists or lives. Knowledge should guide to get this ability.
Love: “Charity begins at home”. One should love oneself first. Then one understands the art of loving everyone else. “Jyothi se Jyothi Jagaathe Chalo, Prem ki Ganga Bahaathe Chalo”. Only then, one is useful to the world. Knowledge is light. It should achieve this.
AT CAPITOL, we help our students to achieve these SEVEN ASPECTS which turns KNOWLEDGE into WISDOM. Dear parents, at CAPITOL, nothing is a matter of chance. Everything is a matter of choice. Put your child into Nursery with us. At the end of Standard X we give you back a Perfect Teen. This is BUILDING NEW GENERATION, our commitment. V K PARTHASARATHY Chief Mentor
The opportunity to shape the minds and lives of young children and providing them with means of attaining knowledge is a divine blessing and we are fortunate to have been ordained with it. Education has many tasks-training the intelligence, widening the mind and enlarges its interest, teaching the techniques on which modern civilization is based. Our aim is to facilitate the students to learning which gives creativity, creativity learn to thinking, thinking provides knowledge and knowledge will make our students great. In the 21st century knowledge is the primary production resource instead of capital or labour. This process is enabled by the services of quality teachers for which our institution lays great emphasis. Quality teachers by virtue of their intellect and moral leadership attract students to the institution and impart good quality education to them. This will make the students useful citizens with the sole aim of development of the country.
For achieving this mission the capacities we feel that are required in educational institutions are:
1. The capacity for research: The 20th century was for the generation of knowledge and 21st century will be about the management of all the knowledge and information we have generated and add value to it. We must give our students the skills with which they find a way through the sea of knowledge we have created. Our academic curriculum will help in making the students prepared to do this.
2. Creativity and innovation : The important aspect of creativity is seeing the same thing as everybody else but thinking of something different. This ability has to be nurtured and promoted amongst the students.
3. Capacity to use high technology: Every student in our institution should graduate to using the latest technology for aiding their learning process.
4. Entrepreneurial Leadership: It begins with wanting to help others as we help ourselves. Secondly there should be a willingness to undertake new challenges. We would like to teach our students to take calculated rick for the sake of larger gain.
5. Moral leadership: It requires the ability to have powerful vision for human betterment and disposition to do the right thing and influence others also to do the right things.